Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So Let it Be Written....


Well, after four weeks of juggling full-time college work, graphic design jobs and working on the game, I have learned much from my experience! These points in particular:

1. Wait until the game is done before putting it out there for the public. Nothing burns your fans like unfulfilled promises. By learning this now, I don't have to make this mistake further down the road.

2. I need support from fellow friends in the gaming industry. My work ethic is greater when I am receiving and sharing feedback with fellow game developers.

3. I enjoy working as a project manager; it would be great if I can get a team together in the future.

4. If I can get them, I want trained voice actors for my games. By enrolling in a voice acting class this semester, I have come to realize the difference between trained and untrained voice actors.

5. Always have fun with your work. Let writing always be something fun.

I also have taken a four-week Flash animation course during this time, which has fueled my desire to utilize Flash animation in future games and trailers.

Let it be known, the game is still in the makings and it will be completed! So let it be written, so let it be done.  The deadline, however, is being thrown out the window. It's ironic, but I have a feeling that now that the self-imposed deadline is gone, the game will be coming out sooner than I expected.

1 comment:

  1. Less pressure does help you think and have more fun. :D It's sort of why I didn't advertise HSB everywhere. It's a good experience too to see which way helps you work. Some people work better under pressure, some don't. ^_^

    ReplyDelete