Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Games VS Homework


I had to decide whether to do homework or game writing this last Friday. Game writing won with some great results. The script is 25% done!

I even got some artwork completed. ^-^ Have a look-see:
This is Okana, one of the main characters in the game.


I want to explain the story and the type of gameplay involved so that you know what to expect when you play it for the first time.

This game is geared towards a female audience. Sorry, guys, I have some ready-made plans for an RPG, but I need some competent programmers first. Programming is not my forte; writing is my forte.

Game Synopsis: You have been chosen to save one of three individuals from a dark carnival. Whoever you decide to save will be sharing the rest of the story with you. The way you talk and interact with him determines what kind of relationship you will build while the plot unfolds (more about the plot later).  It could turn out romantic, or friendly, or maybe you'll hate each other's guts by the end of it. It all depends on you. :)

The game is written like a story. As the main character, you decide how the story plays out with menu choices. A story you can interact with can be very exciting! In a perfect world, I would make a game where you could write out exactly what you wanted to say and then the other characters would respond accordingly. However, this is not a perfect world and I am sorry. It would've been awesome. :)

Now I have to go get some homework done. More news to come in a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment